[Zope-dev] CatalogAware

Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Fri, 05 Jan 2001 10:16:16 -0800

Chris Withers wrote:

> Michael Bernstein wrote:
> >
> > uncatalog_object to be called on it (I'm not sure what
> > method reindex_object causes to be called).
>
> unindex_object followed by index_object. I'm not convinced it's
> necessary, as no-one has said that uncataloging is a necessary step
> before catalogng something that's already in the catalog.

I have no idea one way or the other.

> > So, postings would only need to be CatalogAware if you
> > wanted them to be able to 'live' anywhere within the Zope
> > heirarchy, instead of being contained directly within the
> > Squishdot object (which inherits from ZCatalog).
>
> Yes, but Squishdot postings are intimately tied to the Squishdot
> folderish object anyway, so that's not going to happen ;-)

I understand. Thanks for your patience. I now have a better
understanding of ZCatalog and CatalogAwareness.

Now I'm wondering how to duplicate the behaviour of Postings
being contained within Squishdot, but not appearing in the
'Contents' tab.

Cheers,

Michael Bernstein.