[Zope-dev] ZCatalog and 'fuzzy logic'

Morten W. Petersen morten@esol.no
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 18:09:38 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Steve Alexander wrote:

> The other option for searching a TextIndex is to use extensions to the
> NEAR and AND and OR operators that are currently supported. I guess it
> all depends what you mean by "fuzzy matching".

Well, to try to explain the problem:

If I have 1.000.000 objects catalogued, all of the meta type
Person, and I want to find all the instances matching the
regexp-pattern '?????Peter' on those objects' attribute
firstname, and the regexp-pattern '???ne' on that objects'
attribute lastname, how could I effectively implement that?

I.e., is there a need to get down on the C level to get
a reasonably fast search?

Am I making any sense?

Cheers,

Morten