[Zope-dev] Massive scalability

Andy McKay andym@ActiveState.com
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 10:28:16 -0800

> While that would work for the simple object case, I find the
> prospect of storing a bunch of BLOBs (for the image data of
> the Photos) in an RDBMS to be *most* un-appetizing. Storing
> them on the server's file-system seems in-elegant as well.

Okey dokey, just a suggestion. I have heard people talk about large ZOBD's
but once I go over a 10,000 object mark I just find a RDBMS easier myself.
Go for it good luck!

> Does anyone know of any hidden 'gotchas' when dealing with
> this many objects, regardless of the hit-load on the system?

Mostly starting and stopping Zope, the 2gb limit (which can be avoided),
pulling objects back out with complicated queries are my biggest gripes.