[Zope-dev] Re: ZCatalog Scalability

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:28:45 +0000

Michael Bernstein wrote:

> Christopher Petrilli wrote:
> >
> > Unfortunately, it won't change in b1, it might change before the final
> > release if I can find a better solution.  The problem is in the Vocabulary,
> > not in the Catalog itself.  One of the things I'm focusing on is improving
> > the algorithms that are used for doing globbing.
>
> Which problem is the algorithm improvement meant to address,
> bulk adds or partial search performance?

I'm guessing the partial search thing, but the bulk add thing really needs to be
sorted out too.

NIP'd love to move the archives at http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists.html to a
wholely Zope solution, but ZCatalog consistently exploded when we tried to do
this.
For now, we're working on a Zope front end into MySQL (MySQL's new full text
searching stuff is pretty damn quick, maybe you could nick their algorithms? ;-)

So, are both of these problems being addressed? If so, when are we likely to see
them?

Thanks for the work so far :-)

Chris