[Zope-dev] Re: ZCatalog Scalability

Andy McKay andym@ActiveState.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:35:00 -0800

> Michael Bernstein wrote:
> >
> > Christopher Petrilli wrote:
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, it won't change in b1, it might change before the final
> > > release if I can find a better solution.  The problem is in the
Vocabulary,

http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists.html to a
> wholely Zope solution, but ZCatalog consistently exploded when we tried to
do
> this.
> For now, we're working on a Zope front end into MySQL (MySQL's new full
text
> searching stuff is pretty damn quick, maybe you could nick their
algorithms? ;-)

For a similar project (http://mailarchive.activestate.com) we too use a
MSSQL back end, for various reasons similar to Chris. I'm not worried about
it, once upon a time I tried to stick everying in the ZODB. To me one of
Zope's great strengths is it's portability and connectivity to other
databases and storage systems.

--
  Andy McKay.