[Zope-dev] mounting obj to more than one zodb location

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 23:45:02 -0000

> whats happens when you create a persistent object and mount it
> to multiple points on your zodb. do you get a shared ref or multiple
> copies of the object?

..shared ref if you do it like you say you are :-)

I'd love to see ObjectManagers support this.

...yes, there are security implications (the object has two or more security
paths, depending on how you access it) but if you take that into account, it
provides for some pretty impressive flexibility.

However, you can quite often do something funky with a __bobo_traverse__
method to get around the need for this :-)

cheers,

Chris