[Zope-dev] Fw: PythonMethods and ZClass generation problem

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 18:10:40 +0000

hi,

sounds to me like you're confusing Product with ZClass:

* Alexander Limi <alexander@limi.net> [010118 17:04]:
> > ...Our constructor is called Artist_add, and resides in
> > our product "Artist".

> > "registerartist" tries to call the constructor of our Artist ZClass to add
> > an Artist object in our "artists" folder, but fails.

In fact, you have to create an instance of your ZClass in the
Product.

Try something like (untested):

  self.manage_addProduct['<Artist_Product>'].<Artist_ZClass>.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'],REQUEST)

I'm no expert but that should get you started in the right direction.

seb