[Zope-dev] Mapping multiple IP addresses/domains to one Zope

Wed, 24 Jan 2001 16:22:29 +0000

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:07:29 -0600, "Aaron Gillette"
<abgillette@comco-inc.com> wrote:

>My company has many sites which share some content. Each site uses a
>different IP address. I would like to bring all of these sites into one
>instance of Zope on an NT machine. I am looking at the possibility of either
>1) running Zope behind IIS, or 2) running Zserver exclusively.

Is this server accessible to untrusted users? If yes, then go for IIS.
ZServer on its own isnt sufficiently bullet-proof.

> Personally,
>I'd rather take the time in advance to learn how to do the whole thing in
>Zope, as I envision switching to a Linux server in the near future, and I
>believe that this would ease the migration.

Yes, its safe to copy zope databases between platforms, and zope
itself is very platform-neutral.

>My question is this: How do I map different IP addresses/domains to
>different Zope folders? I am pretty new to Python (but learning fast!), so
>any snippets of sample code would be much obliged.

Search on www.zope.org for SiteAccess.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com