[Zope-dev] Added rename to ZOPE FTP server (another bug: jpg images are not autodetected)

Tom Vijlbrief tom.vijlbrief@ision.nl
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 10:53:54 +0100

Joachim Werner wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've found one problem with FTP and KDE: jpg-images are uploaded as
> files, not images. This works fine with wedav (tried cadaver) and plain
> command line FTP, but using KDE2 konqueror it doesn't work. Maybe
> because of the partial upload magic it does?

Yes, I checked the code (ZClasses/Method.py, PUT_factory)
and that's the reason. The Zope ftp server checks the extension
when a file is created with "put", but not when it is renamed
to a file with the .jpg (or other) extension.

A method manage_FTPrename should be added to this
file which does the same checks.

Fixing this bug and the problem with identical named files in
different directories in the object filesystem tree (described
in my original posting) should not be very hard
to fix for someone with knowledge of the object file system.

I don't have that knowledge so I'll leave it to others to
fix. I suggest posting both problems in the bug collector...

Tom