[Zope-dev] Proxy not Propagating - could be FSDTMLMethod

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 00:19:17 +0200 (CEST)

alan runyan writes:
 > I made it a DTMLMethod (by 'customize' in the
 > CMF) and added it a appropriate proxy role, and it still gripes.
It should not, unless called inapropriately (i.e. without
a top level namespace).

 > can i
 > Programatically assign a obj a proxie role?  any examples?
I have a standard answer to this type of questions:

  You can do it with the ZMI.
  Therefore, you can do it programmatically (ZMI does).
  Examples: look at how the ZMI does it.

In your case:
  it will not help. Doing it programmatically
  as the same effect as doing it via ZMI.
  And you told me, it still gripes...

You must try to find out why it gripes.

Dieter