[Zope-dev] Re: Extra Bad CVS Checkotu Problem

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:41:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Chris Withers wrote:

> It looks like a symlink to the DC folder has somehow ended up in the DC
> folder!
>
> This DC folder contains all the products and the symlink again, meaning
> you get a recursive CVS checkout that never ends.
>
> A bit like having a relative link without a BASE ref in a DTML method, 'cept
> much much slower :-(

The DC "folder" was actually a symlink to the folder containing it.  I've
removed it.

(It was an ill-conceived backwards compatability workaround, for those who
had the few products formerly contained in Products/DC.  It was much too
piecemeal of a backwards-compat gesture to be any good, and is deadly for
anyone trying to check out the entire Products folder.  Now, i'm not sure
why you would want to check out the entire folder, but i see no reason to
sabotage it...-)

Let me know if i've overlooked something else.

Ken