[Zope-dev] acquisition question

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 18:10:57 +0100

Is there any reason why, if my parent can acquire something a few
levels up, I might not be able to?

Here's the story:

I'm trying to acquire various objects in a root directory; let's call
2 of them them Banana and Kiwi.  I'm trying to acquire them from
several folders deep.

I can't aquire one of them at all, although it appears to be identical
in most important aspects to the other.  For example,

  fruit = aq_get(context, 'Pineapple', default, 1)

will return the Yellow Spikey Fruit; but

  fruit = aq_get(context, 'Kiwi', default, 1)

will return None.  However, if I do

  fruit = aq_get(context.aq_parent, 'Kiwi', default, 1)

I get my Hairy Egg-sized Fruit as expected.

What kind of thing should I be looking for in order to identify what's
going on here?  I can't debug it because the Acquision code is in C,
and I'm a C dunce.

Cheers for any ideas,

seb