[Zope-dev] manage_after* with Copy/Cut/Paste

Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:13:29 +0100

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:07:06 +0100 (BST), Matt Hamilton
<matth@netsight.co.uk> wrote:

>Dear All,
>  I have been looking at the CopySupport.py file to try and work out why
>when I move an instance of a product I have created in the ZMI, the
>ZCatalog is not updated (the class subclasses CatalogAware).
>  From what I can see when you do a paste after copy the =
manage_afterClone
>hook is called, but when a paste after cut is done, no hook is called.

Not directly, but it uses the folders ObjectManager interface, and
ObjectManager calls manage_afterAdd and manage_beforeDelete which are
hooked by CatalogAware

>This means there is no hook for CatalogAware (or anything else) to hook
>into.  Is this a design oversight, or is there a reason for this, or am =
>missing something completely?

Im sure CatalogAware handled this right last time I tried it.........

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com