[Zope-dev] ZServer should redirect for folder objects?

Christian Scholz cs@comlounge.net
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:51:04 +0200

Hi!

> Why do people always mirror? I dont see the advantage in it. If you think
> about caching, you will see you dont need mirroring at all but can
> transparently
> influence which element is complete dynamic and which is somewhat static
> by sending different expires: header. At least squid can be configured
> to not let people force reload from outside.

For example: One of my customer wants some snapshot of the site for the
archive on CD-ROM... So how do I do that? (without giving them a full
Zope install on it which is sometimes even not possible as there are
sql databases etc. involved..)

And in general I think the "you don't need it anyway" answer is always
the solution ;-) I also think that there has been some more problems
with the base tag I just don't remember them anymore ;-)
(but I remember that we came to the conclusion that it's not possible
without it anyway as there is some structural difference between the Zope
object model and the web object model (if you can call it that way..
let's say directory structure ;-).

cheers,
  Christian

--