[Zope-dev] Xron and Zope 2.4.0 again

Loren Stafford lstafford@morphics.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 12:07:22 -0700

> I'm trying to use Zope 2.4.0 and Xron 0.0.9 on win98 (I've
> applied the patch
> to change "from Globals import DateTime" into "from DateTime import
> DateTime")

[snip]

>   File C:\Zope\lib\python\Products\ZCatalog\Catalog.py, line 348, in
> addIndex
> TypeError: Catalog addIndex now requires the index type to
>             be resolved prior to adding; create the proper index in the
> caller.

[snip]

> I've seen messages from users saying that Xron with the patch worked fine
> for them with Zope 2.4.0.
> So why doesn't it work for me ?

Probably because you are creating a new Schedule Zcatalog, whereas they were
using one already created in a prior version of Zope.

As far as I can tell the addIndex error results from changes to Catalog.py
made to support PluggableIndexes. I haven't been paying attention to this
development, so I have no clue what to do to make Xron compatible with
PluggableIndexes.

-- Thanks
-- Loren "Xron" Stafford