[Zope-dev] TrackerBase Product fails (2.4.0b3, Tracker from CVS)

Romain Slootmaekers romain@zzict.com
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:54:28 +0200 (CEST)

Yo dudes,

I tried to install the TrackerBase product on my 2.4.0b3 Zope version....
with the tracker from CVS (just got it this morning)
the README is quite specific:

1) make sure the TrackerBase is available as a product
   the install dir is ../lib/python/Products/TrackerBase

   ok.

2) make a simlink in Extensions to TrackerMethods.py

   ok.

3) Copy Tracker.zexp to your import dir
   ok. (

4) import Tracker.zexp from  Control_Panel/Products
   (I first restarted the Server)

   ok ("Tracker successfully installed")

Now I tried to add a Tracker object to a Folder,

   id=x
   title=y

and I get this exception from the server:

          Error Type: TypeError
          Error Value: Catalog addIndex now requires the index type to be
resolved prior to adding;
          create the proper index in the caller.

Traceback (innermost last):
   File .../lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
   line 223, in publish_module
   File .../lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
   line 187, in publish
   File .../lib/python/Zope/__init__.py,
   line 226, in zpublisher_exception_hook
        (Object: RoleManager)
   File .../lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
   line 171, in publish
    File .../lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py,
   line 160, in mapply
    (Object: addTracker)
   File .../lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
   line 112, in call_object
    (Object: addTracker)
  File  .../lib/python/Products/ExternalMethod/ExternalMethod.py,
line 274, in __call__
    (Object: addTracker)
    (Info: ((<Factory instance at 81267c8>, 'x',
<h3>form</h3><table><tr>...

Ok, since the error message is very consise, I suspect this to be a known
problem .... So do I fix this ?

TIA,

Sloot.