[Zope-dev] WebDAV--What am I missing?

Alex Kelly kellya@franklin.edu
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:51:20 -0400

I am trying to get WebDAV access working with our Zope installation.  I
have looked through the zope.org docs, and have seen some discussion
about it in the list archives, but have not found any answers to
anything I am looking for.

I am running Zope 2.3.3 with ZEO 1.0b3.  I have DAV access running on
port 9800 (since that is the official port) and I am able to connect to
it.  I have used both DreamWeaver 4 on Windows and cadaver on Linux to
access the server, both with similar results.  Most of the testing I
have done has been with cadaver.  I can edit items with both programs,
however...The DAV server is giving me the HTML output, not the DTML I am
expecting.  Cadaver constantly complains that the folders are "not a
valid collection", and if I don't specify the -t (tolerant) option, it
won't let me descend directories/folders.  DreamWeaver seems perfectly
happy getting all the content (apart from it complaining that it has no
extension...but I understand that).

Basically my questions are:
  1. What do I have to do to get it to give me the DTML code, and not
the HTML output?
  2.  Is there a permission somwhere to control DAV access (as far as
anonymous reads)?
  3.  Are there any other DAV controls that I am missing?
  4.  What else am I probably doing wrong in relation to this :)

Thanks,

Alex Kelly