[Zope-dev] Catalog result brains not extendable

Jay, Dylan djay@avaya.com
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 10:14:06 +1000

No I need to combine the data at search time. This is due to the fact that
the meta_data is user specific. Every user will have their own set of data
for most items in the catalog. I want to join an arbitrary query of the
catalog with the user specific data to have a search with personalized
information.

My problem is that under normal circumstances python objects can be extended
by adding attributes to them. Why can't I do that under zope? or why isn't
the results of a catalog search a list of dictionarys rather than a list of
objects?