[Zope-dev] BTrees and ConflictErrors.

Mon, 30 Jul 2001 15:14:07 +1000

>>> Anthony Baxter wrote
> I thought the newer BTrees code was meant to deal with conflicts from
> two entries being added at the same time?
> I'm using CoreSessionTracking 0.8 with an external data source on a
> bsddb3Storage.Minimal storage mounted via ZEO (using the current Zope2.3
> code). If two sessions are created around the same time, I'm seeing
> ConflictErrors - there doesn't seem to be any attempt to invoke the
> resolveConflict code.

Ok, things that I've found:

Minimal doesn't even try to implement Conflict resolution - I've switched to
'Full'. To no real avail, unfortunately - it's still breaking when I hammer
it (10 clients all creating one new session per second).

I've tried putting the SessionData object in a normal Data.fs - still no
joy. I've also tried using CST's internal data container (RAM based).
The ConflictErrors keep on flying.

About the only thing I haven't tried yet is to try Zope2.4 - this is
something of a pain, though.

Has anyone got any other ideas? Am I just completely out of luck here?
Do people have other suggestions for containers that can take a large
number of new object create/deletes?

Thanks,
Anthony