[Zope-dev] ANNOUNCE: Zope 2.4.0 alpha 1 released

Holger Lehmann lehmann@catworkx.de
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 11:33:24 +0200

Hi Brian, hi all,

great to hear this.

Now comes a tricky question:

Suppose we are running a Linux Kernel 2.4.x and using the latest Python 2=
=2Ex=20
distribution. And supposing we can recompile all code if neccessary:

How large can a Data.fs grow until it breaks ?
We need to be able to store about 7.5 GBytes (note: Gigabytes) in the ZOD=
B. I=20
would rather use the ZODB than a LocalFS ....

Thanks in advance=20
- Holger

Am Donnerstag, 31. Mai 2001 22:55 schrieb Brian Lloyd:
> Hello all,
>
>   Zope 2.4.0 alpha 1 has been released - you can download it from
>   Zope.org:
>
>     http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.4.0a1/
>

>   Highlights of what is new in Zope 2.4:
>
>     - Zope 2.4 supports (and requires) Python 2.1
>
>     - New restricted execution architecture
>
>     - WebDAV Level 2 locking support
>
>     - New "WebDAV Access" permission
>
>     - A new built-in 'Authenticated' role
>
>     - Product refresh without restart during development
>
>     - New "Drop-in indexes" support for ZCatalog
>

>   Be sure to see the Zope 2.4 Migration Guide:
>
>    http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.4.0/Zope24MigrationGuide.html
>
>   which outlines the new features and provides other important
>   information for users of Zope 2.4.
>
>   For more information on what is new in this release, see the
>   CHANGES.txt and HISTORY.txt files for the release:
>
>     http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.4.0a1/CHANGES.txt
>
>     http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.4.0a1/HISTORY.txt
>
>   For more information on the available Zope releases, guidance for
>   selecting the right distribution and installation instructions,
>   please see:
>
>   http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Misc/InstallingZope.html
>
>   Note that this is an alpha release, so it is available as a source
>   distribution only. We will make binary releases available with the
>   first beta release.
>

> Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
> Software Engineer  540.371.6909
> Digital Creations  http://www.digicool.com