[Zope-dev] 60GB Data.fs?

Matt Hamilton matth@netsight.co.uk
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 09:51:48 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Erik Enge wrote:

> I'm running a 1GB Data.fs with CompressedStorage here and that takes
> probably about 3-5 minutes on a 1GHz with 1GB RAM.  I keep banging my head
> against it, but it just won't run faster.

Out of interest, is this startup time avoided when using BerkeleyDB as the
storage?  I know that it has its own indexes etc. so I am wondering if it
no longer needs to load an index into memory.

Also how are the disks layed out? Is it possible to have, say, 5 disks
each on their own (no RAID) and then split the data.fs over them using
PartitionedFileStorage or similar.

-Matt

--
Matt Hamilton                                         matth@netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.          Business Vision on the Internet