[Zope-dev] Bulletproof ZCatalog proposal

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 14:13:11 -0400

On Thursday 07 June 2001 11:51, Erik Enge wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> > It really doesn't matter how many conflicts there are.  Within a
> > single transaction, 1 conflict is as bad as 100.
>
> Why?

Because in Zope it means the whole request is processed again (which
can lead to strange behavior if non-transactional data is changed by
the request).  In other apps it might mean messy exception handling.

> > If you, or anyone else, is also interested in this, please show
> > support (if only by saying "please do this"!) :-)  I can't work on
> > it unless I have a reason to.
>
> Please do this!

I should have stated that it also needs to be a priority.  Within DC
we've been using better project management and it's getting harder to
do projects just because we might think they'll be useful for someone.

Shane