[Zope-dev] Bug in Zope VersionControl

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 15:49:55 +0200

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 09:42:00AM -0400, Andreas Jung wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 09:36:53AM -0400, Evan Simpson wrote:
> > > From: "Martijn Pieters" <mj@digicool.com>
> ZServer
> running
> > >
> > > SCRIPT_NAME is not reliable in the presence of virtual hosting.  Use
> > > REQUEST['BASEPATH1'] instead.
> >
> > When we fix this problem, we indeed should use BASEPATH1. BASEPATH1 is
> > also empty when in a ZServer-only situation, so we should still use
> > path=(REQUEST['BASEPATH1'] or '/')
>
> The fix is now in the 2.4 trunk.

Note that there are 3 bugs open on this, 2291 (which you set to
Forgotten'?), 2225 and 2234.

Also, you'll have to hunt out all usage of path=REQUEST['SCRIPT_NAME'],
not just the one that you fixed. There is at least one other in
Version.py, and there may be more. I think you should search for
setCookie.

And last, this should also go in the 2.3 branch I think. It is a small
enough bugfix, and some people will be reluctant to switch to 2.4.x just
yet.

--
Martijn Pieters