[Zope-dev] How to return downloadable content from Python Method

Casey Duncan cduncan@kaivo.com
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:15:43 -0600

> "Blandford, Simon [BSS Audio UK]" wrote:
>
> I am compressing files which need to be uncompressed inline before
> download. The DTML <href=...> calles a python method in the product
> which returns the uncompressed file data. Say this file is an MSWord
> document, how do I return this as a file to download? Presently, the
> browser just tries to display the binary file and makes a mess of it.
>
> Regards,
> Simon B.

It probably is not setting the content-type header. Add something like
this to the method that returns the data:

RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type', self.content_type)

Where content_type is set to the MIME type of the data, which for MSWord
is 'application/msword'
--