PossitionIndex (was: Re: [Zope-dev] ZCatalog phrase indexingrevisited)

Erik Enge erik@thingamy.net
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:33:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Chris McDonough wrote:

> Excellent!  I haven't looked at it in detail, but thanks very much for
> contributing it! Maybe we can roll some of this work into a
> position-aware Text Index

It is actually a TextIndex on steoroids.  Remove the _proximity attribute
and a couple of methods and what you are left with is a standard
TextIndex.  So I think what you already have is a position-aware
TextIndex.  That's how I'm planning to use it anyway :)

> or maybe even a new kind of Pluggable Index.

:-)