[Zope-dev] SearchIndex/ZCatalog comments.

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 06:17:25 -0400

Erik Enge wrote:
> When writing the PossitionIndex, a bunch of questions arrised (Zope
> 2.3.2):
>
> This is from UnTextIndex.py Zope 2.3.2 line 250 (or there abouts).
> Why is the wordMap needed?

Doesn't look like it is.  I removed this line in the trunk
PluggableIndexes code.

> I thought we didn't make it into a BTree 'till it was > 5?:

I changed the comment (rather than the code) in the trunk.

> shouldn't "objects" be "object"?:

Fixed in the trunk PluggableIndexes code.

> do we need this is ZCatalog.py?:
>
> """
> from SearchIndex import UnIndex, UnTextIndex
> """
>
> this isn't true?  what about keywordindexes (only 'Field' and 'Text'
> mentioned)?:
>
> do we need this in UnTextIndex.py?:
>
> """
> from Splitter import Splitter
> """

Pluggable indexes change this stuff significantly, so basically neither
of these errors exists on the trunk in the Pluggable index code.

> from ResultList.py:
>
> """
>     def __or__(self, x):
>         return self.__class__(
>             weightedUnion(self._dict, x._dict)[1],
>             union(self._words, x._words),
>             self._index,
>             )
>         return self.__class__(result, self._words+x._words, self._index)
> """
>
> two returns?

This is also fixed now.

> Sorry if this is all mambo-jambo, or if it is already fixed in 2.4.

Many thanks!

- C