[Zope-dev] ZPL and GPL licensing issues

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan@intevation.de
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 17:25:51 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 04:50:33PM +0200, Morten W. Petersen wrote:
> Anyways, I'm wondering if any of you have encountered the same issue
> developing Zope products and any solutions towards it.

we (Intevation) would very much welcome if Zope would be licensed
with a GPL compatible license. Since Intevation never develops
software with licenses incompatible with GPL we may sooner
or later need to look for alternatives to Zope.

So, yes we see this as a serious issue and I hope the solution
will be to exchange the ZPL by a GPL-compatible one.

Jan

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/

Intevation GmbH	              	     http://intevation.de/