[Zope-dev] Add a user to zope

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 19:25:41 +0200 (CEST)

Johan Beauce writes:
 > I need your help. I'm trying to add all users from of our company in zope.
 > I don't want enter all users and all passwords.
 > I would like make a dtml-method which select all users and passwords
 > in my (SQL) table and create automatically these users.
 > I have created this dtml-method but I don't succed to redirect the page
 > to "acl_users/manage_users" (method that create users)
 > so that I don't need to press add button for each users.
 >
 > Do you Have a answer or another best solution ?
You may have a look at "LoginManager" or "GUF" or
"DBUserFolder". All these products (--> zope.org)
will allow you to let the users in your SQL database
and use them from there.
Having them at two different places (Zope and SQL)
will surely lead to inconsistencies over time.

If you do not want to go this route, search the mailing
list archives for "manage_users".
You will find tons of messages how to add (or more general
manage) users programmatically. Yes, this is an FAQ.

Dieter