[Zope-dev] Re: making zwikiwebs.zexp import unnecessary

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 13:25:57 -0400

It occurs to me that you may be confused as to why there are only two
Wiki Pages stuck into a CMFWiki by the CMFWiki product.  Especially if
you haven't worked with the CMF.

CMFWiki just creates a skin directory view with the Wiki DTML in it (a
feature of the CMF that isn't available in regular Zope)... the only two
pages that are non-help that are placed into an actual CMFWiki instance
and FrontPage and SandBox.

For vanilla ZWiki, I think what you'll need to do is register a
"WikiWeb" constructor in the ZWiki __init__.py (much like you register
one now for "WikiPage")  That constructor method could construct a
Folder object, and iterate over all the dtml and Wiki files in a
subdirectory of the ZWiki package, adding them to the folder.  I think
you can rip most of this code right out of CMFWiki, though you may need
to extend it a bit for DTML files if there are any.

HTH,

- C