[Zope-dev] Re: Zcatalog bloat problem (berkeleydb is a solution?)

Erik Enge erik@thingamy.net
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 00:15:04 +0200 (CEST)

(I removed <zope@zope.org>.)

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Giovanni Maruzzelli wrote:

> Any hints on how to manage something like? We use both textindexes,
> fieldindexes, and keywordsindexes (textindex on string properties,
> fieldindexes on boolean and datetime, keywordindex on strings). Maybe
> one kind of indexes is to be avoided?
>
> Erik, any toughts?

Well, after ChrisM told me about the behaviour of CatalogAwareness, and I
removed that from my classes, my ZCatalog bloatness has evaporated.  I
really can't see any major bloat-problem on either memory-consumption or
disk-space.  (That was with Zope 2.3.2b2.)

Which is very good for me, but doesn't necessarily help you much.  :)