Something better than ZClasses (was: Re: [Zope-dev] Re: Zcatalog bloat problem (berkeleydb is a solution?))

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 08:54:31 -0500

>So what does it do?  :)

It is a general Wizard Builder with which you could build a Wizard that
asks for all the necessary information to auto-generate a Python Product
(for example).

>What I'm thinking is this: maybe use SmartWizard to meta-program you
>Python Product; that creates a definition file(s) of some sort which is
>sent to mk-zprod; mk-zprod consults the WarpFramework do make sure we
>don't create too much work for ourselves, and also provides us with nice
>default HTML/DTML-pages, and finally, Formulator could be used to do
>validation on those HTML/DTML-pages.

Exactly that. But the SmartWizard would provide you with a framework to
build this "Make New Python Product Wizard". If I get far enough, I will
release the pre alpha today, just you see the proof of concept...

>Or are we talking past eachother here?

Nope, we don't. But SmartWizard is a more general tool than you were
thinking of it.

>It would be very cool to have a tool like that.

I agree. It is annoying to code all that stuff all the time.

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter