Something better than ZClasses (was: Re: [Zope-dev] Re: Zcatalog bloat problem (berkeleydb is a solution?))

Erik Enge erik@thingamy.net
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:42:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Stephan Richter wrote:

> All what the wizard will do is provide the user with a nice
> interface/GUI to enter the information. I will then pass the
> information to the above mentioned management methods and the
> MakeZProduct Product will then generate the code and save it to the
> file system.

Oki.  What I currently have is a Zope product that you instanciate (maybe
in the context of the wizard) and that instance then provides you with
those methods you wanted.  The instance is the only thing persisten, since
all else will be written out to files (it can quite easily be done to
write them as persistent DTML Documents or somesuch if one wanted to
"pause" the setup or something, but that's outside the scope of round 1).

> BTW, we will assume that the user that runs the Zope engine has write
> access to /ZOPE/lib/python/Products.

Yeah.