[Zope-dev] TransWarp preview release (AOP tools only)

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 09:37:41 -0500

This looks very interesting, Phillip.  I haven't downloaded the package
yet, but I read the wiki and it finally made sense once I understood the
goal (I think): TW lets you set up the class inheritance hierarchy at
runtime.  In normal OO methodology, you can only extend classes.  With
TW, you can also slip your own version of a base class into a class
hierarchy (without actually modifying the Python class hierarchy, of
course.)

What is your vision of integrating AOP into a persistent object system?
Would one drop in an object that modifies the class loading mechanism so
that the classes come from a TW component rather than Python modules?

Shane