[Zope-dev] CopySupport issues

richard@bizarsoftware.com.au richard@bizarsoftware.com.au
Fri, 02 Mar 2001 09:54:20 +1100

richard@bizarsoftware.com.au wrote:
> Is there a reason why the manage_main call at the end of manage_copyObjects
> and manage_cutObjects in CopySupport gets called as
> self.manage_main(REQUEST) instead of self.manage_main(self, REQUEST)? Using
> the first form, we found that the manage_main call was dying because it
> couldn't acquire various attributes and methods it needed (eg,
> manage_page_header :). The second form just makes sense...

   This has been fixed in 2.3.1 (collector patch #2006)

> In the Copy operation of manage_pasteObjects, the manage_afterClone is
> called before the object is added to its container. We'd much prefer the
> object to be both added to the container and re-got so it the
> manage_afterClone call may make use of acquired information. This is of use
> specifically for us so that the object may determine its new URL and
> catalog itself with our (Z)Catalog.

   Oddly enough, a call to getPhysicalPath() on the object works, so I can
work around this problem. Well, mostly. I'd still like to have access to
the parents - so if anyone has any hints, I'd love to hear 'em.

     Richard

--
Richard Jones
richard@bizarsoftware.com.au