[Zope-dev] FTP interface being worked on?

Fred Wilson Horch fhorch@ecoaccess.org
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 15:01:35 -0500

> You may also find our documentation process interesting:
>
> http://www.zope.org/DocProjects/intro

Yes, very interesting!

But I'm sorry to see that the Developer's Guide is only in the planning
stages.  Here is some info that should go into it (from our Zope notes
at
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/docs/notes-zope.txt?rev=1.8&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=ecoaccess):

This section explains the directory structure you'll find when
you unpack the Zope 2.3.1b1 source tar file.

Root directory:

Extensions/  code for External Methods go in this directory
ZServer/     python code for ZServer and medusa (see the README.txt)
doc/         documentation (especially INSTALL.txt)
import/      used by the running Zope process to import objects into the
ZODB
inst/        installation scripts
lib/         python library (most of Zope's code is under here)
pcgi/        C and python code for PCGI (see the README)
utilities/   random utilities (see the README.txt)
var/         contains the FileStorage for the ZODB (Data.fs)
             and various other files (logs, pids, etc.)

LICENSE.txt  Zope Public License (ZPL) Version 1.0
README.txt   general information about the Zope source release

w_pcgi.py    scripts for setting up Zope with PCGI
wo_pcgi.py                               without PCGI
z2.py        the start script for Zope
zpasswd.py   create or change the Zope emergency account and password

lib:

Components  python extension modules written in C
            - BTree, ExtensionClass, cPickle, zlib
python      everything else

lib/python:

Most of the Zope code is in here.