[Zope-dev] Python 2

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 11:53:16 -0500

> >Note that
> >you can make a binary release use an existing python by
> >just changing the start script to point to your chosen
> >Python executable instead of the bundled one.
>
> That wont be quite enough on win32, not sure about other platforms.
>
> The binary release contains extensions that link with the python15.dll
> They need to be recompiled for 2.0, and will then link with
> python20.dll

Sorry, I should have been more clear. You can only change
the executable to a different executable of the same Python
version (unless, as Toby noted, you are willing and able to
recompile the Zope C extensions to match your Python version).

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909