[Zope-dev] Running out of single letters for z2.py command options

Ng Pheng Siong ngps@post1.com
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 00:05:42 +0800

Hi,

When I released ZServerSSL for Zope 2.1.x, I used "-W" for HTTPS
and "-M" for the encrypting monitor on z2(s).py's command line.

For Zope 2.3.0, "-W" has been taken by WebDav; "-x" happens to be
free, so I use that for HTTPS. I haven't checked if "-M" is taken.
(I intend to build an SRP-based[1] encrypting monitor.)

Can I, um, kinda reserve some letters for my crypto options to
z2.py? ;-)

More seriously, I think soon z2.py must go to long options, i.e.,
"z2.py --this --that=42". Or, use snippets written in Python for
config.

How soon is that?

Cheers.

[1] SRP - Secure Remote Protocol, one of a class of so-called
"strong password protocols". http://srp.stanford.edu, I think.

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps@post1.com> * http://www.post1.com/home/ngps