[Zope-dev] Re: Zope/OpenBSD: Too many open files

Ricardo Bermell rbermell@amutis.com
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 11:39:16 +0200

Dieter Maurer wrote:
>Ricardo Bermell writes:
> > Zope (started from a shell) in OpenBSD gets locked
> > too easyly because of the low default limit for
> > open file descriptors (64).
>Most operating systems allow you to increase this number
>(either at runtime or through a kernel recompilation).

Yes, but not to infinity, which seems to be the number
of sockets ('tcp streams') my zope will waste if i don't
restart it every few days.

The question is, you can increase the limit of open file
descriptors (before, i used the default 64, now 1024),
but it will only be a delay for Zope's dead.

Or...
do the unused sockets have a limited time of life?
I've verified that at least in 36 hours they are
not terminated.
If any, who fixes this lifetime, Zope or OpenBSD?

-- Ricardo