[Zope-dev] ZCatalog phrase indexing revisited

Oren Yosifon oren@mindcitetech.com
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 16:35:50 +0200

Hi all,
I'm asking this again ,in case anything has changed since the last time.
I'm trying to search for a phrase in ZCatalog, but, it doesn't seem to
work.
Let's say I want to search for "foo bar", if i ask ZCatalog to find it,
it treats it as if I wrote "foo OR bar" .

Last time I asked this, SteveA kindly replied:

               You should use quotes to group the phrase.
                 ['"foo bar"']
               Take a look in the source code:
                 lib/python/SearchIndex/UnTextIndex.py
               Follow the flow of code through from line 550: def query(
...=20
however, this doesn't seem to work. You can try it even on the zope.org
website using their search interface. Using the above suggested syntax
(incl. the brackets) returns an error message.

Can anyone help me ?

Thx.
oren.