[Zope-dev] catalog and versions

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 4 May 2001 20:23:23 +0200 (CEST)

Stefane Fermigier writes:
 > It seems to me that when I create a CatalogAware objet in a version,
 > it doesn't get into the catalog after the version is committed (in fact,
 > it doesn't event get into the catalog inside the version).=20
 >
 > Am I right? Is this considered normal behavio(u)r? Any idea for a workaro=
 > und?
I do not know, but I would be happy if it is this way...

   Otherwise, any change in a version would look the catalog into this
   version. No two versions could work in parallel, as
   all would need the catalog.

But I fear, that precisely that will happen....

In my applications, I make heavy use of versions but not
yet essential use of CatalogAware. This starts to
change with the CMF as it uses corresponding methods
to keep the catalog updated.

Dieter