[Zope-dev] ZEO on SMP

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Thu, 24 May 2001 10:20:11 +0200

Hi Dyon,

--On Donnerstag, 24. Mai 2001 05:07 +1000 Dyon Balding
<dyon@devcoder.com.au> wrote:

> Tino,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> When you say it works fine on a dual processor machine, are you saying
> that a single ZEO client fully utilises both processors? or that you
> are running two ZEO clients successfully?

I'm running 2 clients at the same time (actually I'm running 3: 2 clients
for HTTP requests and one client for FTP)

> Unfortunately I'm currently stuck with Windows due to both political
> reasons, and because we are interfacing to a large SQLServer database.

political reasons... will they never lern...
However, we are using strange databases with ZmxODBCDA/mxODBC
and Merant (http://www.merant.com) middleware.
This way we only have one NT Box to access the databases.

Regards
Tino