[Zope-dev] WebDAV API

Dethe Elza dethe@burningtiger.com
Thu, 01 Nov 2001 16:20:41 -0800

Hi folks,

Because many existing Windows programs understand FTP but not WebDAV,
we're trying to create an alternative way to lock/unlock files when we
FTP them.  This could be a simple HTTP call (preferred) or XML-RPC. The
documentation I've been able to dig up on Zope's DAV implementation
isn't too clear on how to programmatically lock/unlock files.

I can easily check if a file is locked using DTML Methods, but actually
locking it has eluded me.  Do I have to create a Lock object first?  At
first wl_lockItems, wl_lockTokens, and wl_getLock all looked like
methods to create a lock, but they seem to be methods for retrieving
existing locks, wl_setLock seems to be what I want but I don't see how
to create a token or a lock item.  Can I do this in a DTML Method?

TIA

--Dethe

--

Dethe Elza (delza@burningtiger.com)