[Zope-dev] WebDAV API

Dethe Elza dethe@burningtiger.com
Thu, 01 Nov 2001 20:26:53 -0800

Jeffrey P Shell wrote:

> On Thursday, November 1, 2001, at 06:53  PM, Dethe Elza wrote:
>
>> Andreas Jung wrote:
>>
>>> See Lockable.py and LockItem.py.
>>

>> OK, I was confused and thought an object could serve as it's own lock
>> (Java does something like this).  So I need to create a LockItem.  Is
>> this class accessible from  a DTML Method or should I be looking at an
>> External Method?
>

> An external method.

Yes, that worked.  I still need to run some tests to make sure that
objects cannot be overwritten or edited, but I've got three methods
which work throughout my Zope instance: /isWriteLocked, /writeLock, and
/writeUnlock, which work consistently with each other and should be
enough for our purposes.

Thanks for the help!

--Dethe

--