[Zope-dev] from Globals import Persistent

Benjamin Buffereau benjamin.buffereau@enst-bretagne.fr
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:08:43 +0100

	Hello,

I'm using the binary version of Zope 2.4.3 for Windows. I'm trying to run the
PollProduct example of the Zope Developper's Guide, and it seems to me that
there is a big problem with the import of the name "Persistent". Here is what I
get trying to import "Persistent" from the Python interpreter:

>>> from Globals import Persistent
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\ZopeDev\lib\python\Globals.py", line 90, in ?
    import Acquisition, ComputedAttribute, App.PersistentExtra, os
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\ZopeDev\lib\python\App\PersistentExtra.py", line 87, in ?
    from Persistence import Persistent
ImportError: cannot import name Persistent

Is this an identified and fixed bug, or should I replace "from Globals import
Persistent" with something else??

Cheers,
Benjamin.