[Zope-dev] Can edit via FTP respect Zope versions?

Andy McKay andym@ActiveState.com
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:59:06 -0800

> I would like to see the following scenario:

You're not the only one but versions use cookies which FTP doesnt.

> Well, what about having a context mapping feature where you could map a
> user to a context.
> The Zope FTP machinery, when it gets a login, uses the passed in userid
> and looks up the context
> in the (global) context map.   For me, it says "oh, Craeg is working in
> a Version.  I will silently and automatically
> map URLs for GET and PUT to respect his Version."   For my colleague, it
> says "oh, Chip has no
> special context, no filtering needed..."

I would wait for the new version implementation that Brian is working on
before doing too much. More details in the fishbowl.

Cheers.
--
  Andy McKay.