[Zope-dev] PathIndex query options

Andreas Jung andreas@andreas-jung.com
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 22:05:43 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeffrey P Shell" <jeffrey@cuemedia.com>
To: <zope-dev@zope.org>
Cc: <zope-cmf@zope.org>
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 21:36
Subject: [Zope-dev] PathIndex query options

> I've looked hard at the two pages returned for "PathIndex" on
> Zope.org, and cannot make sense out of how to use 'level'.  From
> the example, which is full of paths like '/aa/bb/cc' and
> '/cc/bb/cc' - all of the same size and using the same three
> letters -, I cannot tell if I can do a path query to find objects
> ONLY in a certain path, and not above or below it.
>
> I have a situation where I have a hierarchy of Task content
> objects, and in one case I only want to display the immediate child
> tasks at certain paths (basically to top-level tasks), using the
> catalog query except for (hopefully) one changed parameter.
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/SearchingZCatalog.dtml
> http://www.zope.org//Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/PathIndexDocumentation

The level parameter specifies where the search starts. E.g. when you
index an object with the URL
http://www.zope.org//Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/PathIndexDocumentation
then the PathIndex uses its physical path for indexing. In this example:

'/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/PathIndexDocumentation'

Searching for "DevSite" and level=1 would give you this document as search
result.
The first element of the physical path has level 0, the second level 1 and
so on.

Hope this helps,
Andreas