[Zope-dev] LDAP

Magnus Heino magnus.heino@pleon.sigma.se
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:33:56 +0100

Hi.

I'm struggeling with zope, cmf and ldap.

I started of with a fresh RH7.2 installation. I ran the openldap migration
scripts. Then created users using the posixAccout and posixGroup class.
These classes seem to be different from what is recommended in the
LDAPUserFolder product.

Anyway, I have added an LDAPUserFolder, and I am able to add new new users,
browse users, add groups (LDAPUserFolder cannot handle posixGroups).

What I can't do though, is login using this info. If I from the management
page in LDAPUserolder changes password, the encryption will change from the
current Crypt, to SHA. When it is SHA, I cannot login on using pam. But even
if I have sha, logging in via LDAPUserFolder still doesn't work.

So, does anyone have a clue of whats going on? :) I haven't used ldap
before, so it might just be me doing something stupid... all I want is an
ldap database, using classes that work both in zope and with pam.

/Magnus