[Zope-dev] SiteAccess improvements

Trevor Toenjes zope@toenjes.com
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 23:03:21 -0500

I just had a thread about SiteAccess that resulted with Dieter suggesting I
rewrite SiteAccess as an External Method to get around security limitations.
>>The security context is set after URL traversal.
>>At least, it is not easy to set it before.
This prevents the manipulation of session variables.  In my case, I am using
embedded session variables and writing it to a database.

So, based on my current requirement, I request to put more security options
in SiteAccess, to allow AccessRules to be used during URL traversal.
Allow the Security tab context to apply to AccessRules, so they can be
executed by "Anonymous User".

my $.02.
-Trevor