[Zope-dev] SiteAccess improvements

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 20:04:20 +0100

Gary Poster writes:
 > Hi.  My main project right now is actually to build a VHM replacement for
 > myself to solve some needs I had.....
 > * I need the ability to store arbitrary properties for each virtual host.
 > In particular, the correlary of my current work is to provide a
 > CMFVirtualHost tool that stores a sub-portal title, sub-portal skin
 > information, and other items.

 > * I need the ability to have multiple domains point to the same folder,
 > while ideally maintaining the arbitrary properties
I expect these two requirements are already possible without
any modification to VRM.

Assume, your destination folder is "I" (for implementation)
and you have configuation objects "C1", "C2", ... one
for each of your virtual domains "D1", "D2", ...

The configuration objects could be any object capable of holding
the configuration information and inheriting from "Acquisition.Implicit"

Then you rewrite your virtual domain URL for "Di" into

     VirtualHostBase/Di/Ci/I/VirtualHostRoot

Due to the magic of acquisition, your should get the configuration
into your implementing "I".

Dieter