[Zope-dev] Catalog improvements

Matt Hamilton matth@netsight.co.uk
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:06:50 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Casey Duncan wrote:

> > I'm interested in this too, and I'm keen to get a solution that will
> > work with just the ZODB, without needing all of Zope.
>
> Yes, I second, third and forth that motion. I have a bunch of ideas kicking
> around for ZODB-level indexing. Let's talk more. Perhaps we should arrange an
> "indexing and catalog" chat on #zope.

I would like in on that too :)  About a year or so ago I was working on a
full-text indexing system for indexing several gigabytes of text (mailing
list archives).  Most of it was written in C and uses quite a lot of cool
algorithms from various information retrieval papers and books.  I have
been hoping to have the time to take parts of it and work it into the new
PluginIndex architecture.  The existing code uses BerkeleyDB files to hold
the index structures, but I would like to use ZODB instead to give it a
bit more modularity.

-Matt

--
Matt Hamilton                                         matth@netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.          Business Vision on the Internet